[CentOS-docs] Re: centos-intro

Tue Sep 16 21:19:40 UTC 2008
Dag Wieers <dag at centos.org>

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008, Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:

> On 9/16/08, Marcus Moeller <mm at gcug.de> wrote:
>> Dear David.
>>> I'd like to have centos-intro for the first, I mean
>>> http://dag.wieers.com/blog/files/centos-intro-1.4-en.png I think it
>>> should be available in every language we provide. That's why I was
>>> talking about ArtWork SIG. I guess we could include it into "build"
>>> package (http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/BuildingEnvironment), so it
>>> generates automatically as the other ones... Finally we can go for the
>>> whole presentation.
>>
>> Do you think the timeline could be generated dynamically from svn
>> based on the current date?
>
> Maybe we could create the timeline boxes and modify its x width based
> on the substitutions commands available in its related sed file.
> Working with the same units to keep the year relation, and defining
> some coordinate values as reference for them.
>
> Maybe the bash's date command could be used to automate some things.
> Also the basic bash arithmetic could be used. If we reach that, it
> could be included in
> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/BuildingEnvironment, for all languages
> available.
>
> Surely there are other ways (I would like to hear) ... these are just
> some initial thoughts.
>
> Do you know if there is some place where the timeline growth be
> described in details ?

Ok, before you start to implement something, let's think about if those
resources are well spent. I now update that picture with every release
(about every 3/4 months) or if a new presentation is coming.

I don't know if it makes sense to make it more complicated than that
picture and if it needs to be translated, why not look at how to translate
ODF documents instead ?