[CentOS-docs] Updated How to Setup a Software RAID on CentOS 5

Wed Apr 29 20:16:50 UTC 2009
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 1:01 PM, R P Herrold <herrold at centos.org> wrote:

> Then you do not support it, and see the recurring support load
> in #centos -- we get this load all the time.  It is from
> clueless newbies, barely able to communicate, with unknown
> controllers.  Putting /boot on raid adds complexity, it
> breaks, and it is needless in most cases.

That's exactly why a particular wiki article exists -- to reduce the
recurring support load.  When I wrote the how-to-mount-NTFS wiki page,
the reason was because it was repeatedly asked in #centos.  So, if we
get the same question all the time, the best tactics will be to get a
wiki page up and running in such a way that pointing the user to that
page is all it takes.  Or at lease hope that you never hear from that
user (other than a thank you note). :-P

Akemi