[CentOS-docs] Broadcom's BCM4311-, BCM4312-, BCM4321-, and BCM4322-based hardware install manual

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Sat Dec 12 19:03:38 UTC 2009

Hi,

a few weeks ago, I got the broadcom wireless working on a MacBook Pro
(2008) running CentOS 5.4 using  more or less the same approach as
Gytis.
I'll be happy to retest the whole generic procedure on this hardware.

What surprises me though is that RPMFusion distributes the kmod-wl for
Fedora (I use it on the same hardware with Fedora 11 and 12):

http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/releases/12/Everything/x86_64/os/repoview/kmod-wl.html
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/releases/12/Everything/x86_64/os/repoview/kmod-wl-2.6.31.5-127.fc12.x86_64.html
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/releases/12/Everything/x86_64/os/repoview/broadcom-wl.html

Do you think they could "work around" this license issue?
Or they are not aware of it? (would suprise me)

Maybe it would be worth asking them?

Cheers,

Mathieu