[CentOS-docs] I want to contribute to the wiki

Dag Wieers

dag at centos.org
Tue Feb 17 14:24:05 UTC 2009

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009, Ralph Angenendt wrote:

> morenisco at cdsl.cl wrote:

>>> I do not know offhand (but I don't think those two are compatible).
>>
>> Well Ralph, anyway, If I paste the 20 pages on the wiki, I will have the
>> problem with the licence. I want to be free to licence my documentation
>> with GFDL or another that could be enought free for me. And put pressure
>> for just one licence to use is not something that you could consider a
>> free act.
>
> If you put a *HEADER* on your page which states that *this* one document
> is licensed under the GDFL and *NOT* under a CC license, I am *not*
> happy with that, but I think it could work.
>
> Anyone having a problem with that?

Yes, I prefer not to have content with different licenses because it may
become a management nightmare at some point. Especially if content is
being merged at some point or being rewritten.

There is an advantage in keeping things simple.

Why is the CC license not sufficient ? Why does the author not want to
dual-license or relicense his content ?