[CentOS-docs] I want to contribute to the wiki

Ralph Angenendt

ra+centos at br-online.de
Tue Feb 17 14:16:56 UTC 2009

morenisco at cdsl.cl wrote:
> Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> > It is a wiki, not a store for links to documents on another page.
>
> Wonderful, I can paste 20 pages there, do you prefer that?

Well, the way you're doing it at the moment is just fine :)

> >> Ohh shii...is not possible to keep a document with GFDL into a web site
> >> with CC?
> >
> > I do not know offhand (but I don't think those two are compatible).
>
> Well Ralph, anyway, If I paste the 20 pages on the wiki, I will have the
> problem with the licence. I want to be free to licence my documentation
> with GFDL or another that could be enought free for me. And put pressure
> for just one licence to use is not something that you could consider a
> free act.

If you put a *HEADER* on your page which states that *this* one document
is licensed under the GDFL and *NOT* under a CC license, I am *not*
happy with that, but I think it could work.

Anyone having a problem with that?

> Then, could we consider include the GFDL in the wiki (there could be a
> message "This wiki is licensed under a  Creative Commons Attribution-Share
> Alike 3.0 Unported License or GFDL if specified?"), and I can paste the
> content into the wiki?

No, finding a license for the wiki was hard enough - I don't really like
to put that on the footer of the page.

Cheers,

Ralph