[CentOS-docs] [CentOS] Is the NFS lockd bug fixed ?

Tue Feb 17 16:20:48 UTC 2009
Filipe Brandenburger <filbranden at gmail.com>

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 11:05, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 7:57 AM, Filipe Brandenburger wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 10:44, Alain Terriault <alaint at music.mcgill.ca> wrote:
>>> I am runing x86_64 versions of "kernel-2.6.18-92.1.22.el5.centos.plus" (
>>> i need XFS)
>>
>> You no longer need CentOS Plus kernel for XFS.
>>
>> See:
>> http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CentOSPlus#line-76
>
> And even this info is becoming obsolete.  The current kmod-xfs package
> (in CentOS-5) is kABI-tracking, that is, it is independent of the
> kernel version.

Time for an update then!

I suggest creating a new HowTos/XFS page with instructions on how to
use XFS. I volunteer to write the current instructions on how to use
it (on either the regular or the plus kernel).

Then modify the page on CentOSPlus to point to that one (since now XFS
has *nothing* to do with CentOSPlus anymore), with something like
"Example 3: We want to use the XFS file system. See [here] for
instructions."

Do you like this idea?

My WikiName is FilipeBrandenburger.

Thanks,