[CentOS-docs] I want to contribute to the wiki

Tue Feb 17 15:16:32 UTC 2009
Dag Wieers <dag at centos.org>

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009, morenisco at cdsl.cl wrote:

> Dag Wieers wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 17 Feb 2009, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>>> If you put a *HEADER* on your page which states that *this* one document
>>> is licensed under the GDFL and *NOT* under a CC license, I am *not*
>>> happy with that, but I think it could work.
>>>
>>> Anyone having a problem with that?
>>
>> Yes, I prefer not to have content with different licenses because it may
>> become a management nightmare at some point. Especially if content is
>> being merged at some point or being rewritten.
>>
>> There is an advantage in keeping things simple.
>>
>> Why is the CC license not sufficient ? Why does the author not want to
>> dual-license or relicense his content ?
>
> Because I prefer GFDL. I prefer and I want give all the rights over the
> document, instead start providing some rights. I feel more confortable and
> overall free with GFDL.

You have that right.

> Anyway, I'm not sure to publish more documents in the CentOS wiki, this is
> not being a good experience for me. Is difficult to publish documentation
> here. And after have explained what and where I want to contribute, I was
> almost forced to re-licence or change the licence of my documentation (and
> you didn't think that someone could want to keep his freedom and publish
> his documentation with the original licence that he choose?).
>
> Bye.

Why do you feel turned down when one person in a community expresses his
opinion ? Ralph asked what people thought, I gave my opinion.

You are free to feel hurt by what I said, but this was not
specifically targeted at you, you are simply the first person to raise the
problem and as such we need to discuss it in general.

Bye.