[CentOS-docs] Contribute to Centos wiki

Thu Jan 22 22:33:15 UTC 2009
jedcred <jedcred at gmail.com>

I'm sorry; I misunderstood the -n switch of echo.  As it turns out -n
suppresses the output of the newline character.  Interestingly, here
is the diff of a file made in vim with the first line
"passwords" (without the quotes, only the first line) and the output
of echo -n "password

diff keyvim2 keyecho
1c1
< password
---
 > password
\ No newline at end of file

One works with cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sdb1 lvm --key-file keyfile.key

The other does not.

Naturally these instructions assume your encrypted volume is sdb1 and
is luks encrypted with a key of "password".  Of course the problem
pops up without luks encrypted volumes as well used through
cryptsetup. Just thought I'd note that.

In any event, this should still be noted on the wiki (though correctly
this time :)