[CentOS-docs] Update of "Contribute" by DagWieers

R P Herrold herrold at centos.org
Sat May 9 16:10:00 UTC 2009

On Sat, 9 May 2009, noreply at centos.org wrote:

> The following page has been changed by DagWieers:
> http://wiki.centos.org/Contribute?action=diff&rev2=21&rev1=20

> - * We also encourage you to request and to maintain a
> personal homepage with your contact information -- some
> people also use such a page to keep a note of their edits.
> You may request that page be set up in your initial email.
> Having such a '''sandbox''' also gives you a place to
> experiment for testing content layout, editing commands,
> etc.

> + * We also encourage you to request and to maintain a
> personal homepage with your contact information. Some people
> also use their homepage to keep a note of their edits, or as
> a place to experiment for testing content layout, editing
> commands, etc.

I mentioned a sandbox, as that is a wiki concept (as well as a
development one).  Any reason for dropping it?

> - * There will be a small delay while you wait for someone
> from the AdminGroup to create that page and give you editing
> rights.  This can take up to three days if requested, say,
> after normal working hours (European) on a Friday.

> + * There will be a small delay while you wait for someone
> from the AdminGroup to create that page and give you editing
> rights.  This can take up to three days if requested.

This greatly changes the meaning, and as the issue I was
addressing was the fact that the rotation of the globe caused
a US author to become impatient, evicerates the prior last
sentence.

I have no idea what the revised second sentence is saying, as
by definition a request was made.

-- Russ herrold