[CentOS-docs] Update of "Contribute" by DagWieers

Dag Wieers dag at centos.org
Sat May 9 16:46:31 UTC 2009

On Sat, 9 May 2009, R P Herrold wrote:

> On Sat, 9 May 2009, noreply at centos.org wrote:
>
>> The following page has been changed by DagWieers:
>> http://wiki.centos.org/Contribute?action=diff&rev2=21&rev1=20
>

>> - * We also encourage you to request and to maintain a
>> personal homepage with your contact information -- some
>> people also use such a page to keep a note of their edits.
>> You may request that page be set up in your initial email.
>> Having such a '''sandbox''' also gives you a place to
>> experiment for testing content layout, editing commands,
>> etc.
>
>> + * We also encourage you to request and to maintain a
>> personal homepage with your contact information. Some people
>> also use their homepage to keep a note of their edits, or as
>> a place to experiment for testing content layout, editing
>> commands, etc.
>
> I mentioned a sandbox, as that is a wiki concept (as well as a
> development one).  Any reason for dropping it?

Because what you call a sandbox is "a place to experiment for testing
content layout". I don't see a reason to use the word sandbox there and
the aim was to simplify the actions so it doesn't look too much of a
burden.

>> - * There will be a small delay while you wait for someone
>> from the AdminGroup to create that page and give you editing
>> rights.  This can take up to three days if requested, say,
>> after normal working hours (European) on a Friday.
>
>> + * There will be a small delay while you wait for someone
>> from the AdminGroup to create that page and give you editing
>> rights.  This can take up to three days if requested.
>
> This greatly changes the meaning, and as the issue I was
> addressing was the fact that the rotation of the globe caused
> a US author to become impatient, evicerates the prior last
> sentence.
>
> I have no idea what the revised second sentence is saying, as
> by definition a request was made.

This was discussed with Karanbir and if there is an error against the
English language, go and fix that. You don't need my approval, really.