[CentOS-docs] Possible typo in "HowTos/Disk_Optimization"

Fri May 29 10:51:44 UTC 2009
Alan Bartlett <ajb.stxsl at googlemail.com>

On 29/05/2009, Timothy Lee <timothy.ty.lee at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Dear all,
>
>  In "HowTos/Disk_Optimization", the calculated value of stride size and
> stripe width appears to have the "K" suffix incorrectly appended to them.
> Eg:
>

> (64K/4K) = 16K
> (3*16K) = 48K
>
> (16K+16K) = 32K The values provided on the mkfs.ext3 command line however,
> do drop the "K" suffix.
>
>  I'm no expert on RAID, but the "K" suffixes do look a bit suspect.

Pedantically and ignoring the RAID aspect, just looking at the
equations scientifically, I would say that only the first one is wrong
as (64K / 4K) = 16, not 16K. It should be expressed as (64 / 4)K =
16K.

The other two lines do read correctly but, in the spirit of
conformity, I would suggest (3 * 16)K = 48K and (16 + 16)K = 32K,
respectively.

Perhaps the original author would care to comment and adjust where necessary?

Alan.