[CentOS-docs] u/d Newsletter/1003 by TimoSchoeler

Wed Apr 21 13:48:47 UTC 2010
R P Herrold <herrold at owlriver.com>

>   Fetch the desired duplicity source code from
> https://code.launchpad.net/duplicity/, unpack it and change
> in its directory. There, just issue
>
> + {{{
> - python setup.py install
> + python setup.py install}}}

I see the above fragment in the draft newsletter, and frankly
am disappointed at proposed content not using the packaging
system.  It is clearly not a 'best practice'.  The item in
question will run as root, and one assumes will over time be
updated and have security fixes.

In a CentOS publication, we should not be proposing installing
time bombs that a later admin 'cannot see'.  We are all that
later admin as time packages and we forget the details of a
particular installation

-- Russ herrold