[CentOS-docs] page for translators

Alan Bartlett ajb at elrepo.org
Sat Feb 13 17:48:36 UTC 2010

On 13 February 2010 17:26, Marcus Moeller <mail at marcus-moeller.de> wrote:

> Of course Timothy is outstanding, but you can't expect that from every
> translator.

I agree, absolutely.

> Translating pages is very time consuming and not that big
> fun, so I understand if one starts a translation but does not manage
> to maintain it over a long period of time.

Again, agreed. So potential translators (perhaps) should be advised as
to what effort it may entail. :-)

> This is okay as far as you add a revision note to the page and
> preferable announce off time on the ML.

Please don't take this as a criticism but I am not sure what you mean
by the latter part of the last sentence -- "preferable announce off
time on the ML."

> Btw. I thought Ernesto Celis and his crew wanted to take care of the
> Spanish pages?

That would be good news, if it comes to fruition.

> PS: Added some notes to the 'Contribute page'. Alan, could you please
> proof-read?

Yes, certainly I will do so.

Finally, although CentOS use is worldwide and the English language is
its public means of communication, I sometimes forget that many people
are not using their primary language. So my apologies if I make use of
complex English language constructions!

Regards,
Alan.