[CentOS-docs] Re #3: Contribution for Wiki CentOS - Virtual Hosting with VSFTPD and MySQL on CentOS 5 - HowTO Tutorial

Wed Feb 10 21:51:57 UTC 2010
Ralph Angenendt <ralph.angenendt at gmail.com>

Am 08.02.10 22:20, schrieb Han Solo:
> Hello
>
> I hope I finally made the changes right for my contribution to Wiki How To.
>
> My Wiki username is now : ThomasLibnsek
>
> and the HowTo is located at
> http://centosforserver.blogspot.com/2010/02/virtual-hosting-with-vsftpd-and-mysql.html
>

> I 've added some
> - explanations: why do you want to store users in MySQL? Why should
> youchoose a different password for mysql's root account than for your normal
> account?

Yupp.

>   hopefully understandable, please tell me how if not.

It is mostly okay, I don't think readers will have problems setting it
up from this guide.

> - vsftpd  commented explanations *why* you set the other settings like they
> are.

Some of the config file stuff is still a bit superfluous, but that can
be changed later on.

> - correction of paths like local_root=/usr/tmp/user1

Not completely >:)

> Please review it, if it is acceptable or tell me what /how to change

I think you should put it into the wiki and corrections can be made
after that. Do you want to do that? If so I can give you a page on the
wiki to put the guide on.

Cheers,

Ralph