[CentOS-docs] FAQ/General/RebuildReleaseProcess

Fri May 21 15:46:43 UTC 2010
Alan Bartlett <ajb at elrepo.org>

On 21 May 2010 16:04, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:

> There is nothing wrong with the process mentioned on that page - its
> just not the one being used in CentOS anymore. So adapting the title and
> the headings on that page should be a good start. Specially important is
> that the overall gist of what is going on is correct ~ rebuilding
> packages, compare to upstream and push it out.

KB,

On inspection of the Revision History for that page one can see --

3  	2009-10-19 22:17:29  	5232  	 	RussHerrold  	expand the build
script outline beyond simple pulls from the mailing list
2 	2009-10-16 11:42:21 	3786 		JohnnyHughes

So, assuming you have overruled both Johnny and Russ, will you please
make "the one being used in CentOS" known to the rest of the world.

I trust your wording above, and hence the implicit message, was an
error. I was lead to believe, after the Lance Davis affair of last
summer, that there would be no more secrecy or any unilateral
decisions made by one person.

Alan.