[CentOS-docs] contribution to the wiki

m.paulus m.paulus at linuxoperator.nl
Tue Oct 9 15:11:12 EDT 2012

Dear CentOS documentation mailing list members,
After a successful recent install of CentOS on a new piece of hardware
I would like to share my additions to the default installation process
in the form of a wiki article.

The subject of the article would be:
Install CentOS 6.3 on USB flash drive (regular install, not live mode)

And I would like to add it to the "Tips and Tricks"-section under the
"Installation Tips" header.

My username is: MartinPaulus

Reasoning:
Even though you (as a project) might not support a configuration like
this, it is quite easy to do so and I feel it is a relevant method of
installation (compare ESXi installs on flash nowadays). I would not mind
including a disclaimer stating this solution is not officially
supported. And I would not mind testing my additions on upcoming
releases to make sure the article remains up to date.

Please, allow me to contribute in order to centralize the know-how
regarding this great project.

With kind regards,

-Martin