[CentOS-docs] SELinux, Amavis, Clamav

Harald Oehlmann harald.oehlmann at elmicron.de
Sun Oct 28 04:52:43 EDT 2012

Am 27.10.2012 23:33, schrieb Ralph Angenendt:
> On 02.10.2012 10:19, Harald Oehlmann wrote:
>
> Sorry for the massivly late response.
>
> I incorporated your changes into the wiki page (and pointed to your list
> post here).

Thank you, Ralph, acting on it.
I am absolute beginner, so I was quite happy someone checks it.

Nevertheless, here are my additional remarks on:
	http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Amavisd

1) I would put the test chapter after the SELinux chapter

2) The first sentence in 5.1 suggestes (for me), that the settings for
CentOS 5 are not required for CentOS 6. I don't think this is the case.

Proposed change:
Current phrase: "For CentOS 6 a slightly different approach is needed."
New phrase: "For CentOS 6, additional steps are required."

3) Are you shure, this is CentOS 6 specific ? How do you know ?

4) I personally would add some explanation in 5.1, what this is for.
The reason for explanation is, that this scheme may be used for eventual
other virus scanners in an analoguous way.

Proposed text:
Amavis is storing the message body and all attachements (subfolder
"parts") in a subfolder of "/var/amavis/tmp". The virus scanner is
scanning those files and writes its result in files in this folder.

Virus Scanner action on this folder is stopped by SELinux, resulting in
errors like "(!)run_av (ClamAV-clamscan) FAILED" in "/var/log/mail".

Do the following to allow this interface with clam-av:

5) I am not shure, if the "Harald Oehlmann" and the link to the post is
very helpful...

Thank you,
Harald