[CentOS-docs] Mail / Web server guides

Christian Salway ccsalway at itmanx.com
Tue Mar 12 12:29:02 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have spent the last couple of weeks learning all about setting up CentOS
as a mailing server, web server, MySQL server (which hasn't been easy
because all of your guides are a little out of date). I have also written a
few shell scripts to automate the whole process and was wondering if my
guides would be useful to have on your wiki site.

The guides focus on a base install of Centos 6.3 x64 minimal direct from an
ISO downloaded from CentOS site.  The server includes Postfix (w/ SSL/TLS,
Virtual Users), Dovecot (SHA512-CRYPT passwords - would have liked BCRYPT
but your current package from yum doesn't support it), Spamassassin, ClamAV,
MySQL (5.5), Apache (w/ SSL), phpmyadmin, and roundcube.

I will soon be adding MyRoundcube, sabredav to give shared calendar/contact
support, as well as Funambol to give mobile sync support, although the
developers guides are really outdated so no luck with that yet!

Overall, this will give anyone the chance to run a mail server with multi
domain support and website hosting support on a CentOS system by simply
running a shell script which takes about 5 minutes.

Let me know if you're interested and if so, how I go about writing it into
your wiki.

Kind regards,

Christian Salway
Director