[CentOS-docs] Docs strategy and tactics [RFC]

Karsten Wade

kwade at redhat.com
Tue Mar 24 00:18:01 UTC 2015

Kunaal:

I know you are still researching, but I think you may have enough to
write up your proposal in the Melange tool. The deadline for
applications to be input is 27 March at 19:00 UTC. However, that is
followed by a few more weeks for you to work with me and other
mentors/helpers to refine the application. So your next step is to
work on and submit that proposal.

https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/profile/register/student/google/gsoc
2015

Once we have you (and any others) in the Melange system, I'm going to
work with Shaun and any others to help narrow my scope to something
that is and doable in a summer's time. Shaun's warnings about the
difficulties of syncing with an upstream are really important, and we
may want to think of a way to loosely couple rather than try to solve
the problem in general.

If folks don't mind, I'd appreciate continuing at least some of this
discussion on this list -- we need to make sure that this toolchain
lines up with our process, and that process is itself sane and doable.

Regards,

- - Karsten