[CentOS-docs] CATPR - new article for pending proposal

Wed May 27 18:27:47 UTC 2015
Alan Bartlett <ajb at elrepo.org>

On 27 May 2015 at 19:07, Carl George <carl.george at rackspace.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been working on a proposal for CentOS that would allow certain third party repositories to have their release RPM included in the CentOS Extras repository, similar to how epel-release is included now.
>
> https://gist.github.com/carlgeorge/ae71d54c99d3536ee352
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2015-March/013097.html
>
> username:  CarlGeorge
> proposed subject:  Community Approved Third Party Repositories
> proposed location:  http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/CATPR
>
> I'm not sure if this is the appropriate next step in the process (and no one seems to be able to tell me), but the page can always be deleted if the proposal dies.  On that note, is there a standard/convention for articles that are proposals in progress (yet to be accepted)?  Maybe prefixing the subject with [DRAFT] or [PROPOSAL]?
>
> Anyways, please create the article and grant me edit permission to it.  Thanks!
>
> Carl George

Hello Carl,

I have created a CentOS wiki "home page" for you [1] and would suggest
that you create your proposed page there under. [2]

When it is ready, just announce its presence on this list and let a
discussion commence.

Alan.

[1] http://wiki.centos.org/CarlGeorge
[2] http://wiki.centos.org/CarlGeorge/CATPR