[CentOS-docs] reference page for Apache test page & the project

Karsten Wade

kwade at redhat.com
Fri Jun 22 23:58:21 UTC 2018

Some or all of you may be aware that people often contact the CentOS
Project because they come across the default Apache server test page on
a non-centos.org domain.

In trying to contact the domain owner, they mistakenly contact us.  This
is despite the language at the bottom of the page telling them what they
are seeing and not to contact us about it.

This has come up for me in responding to GDPR requests; many incoming
emails are of this variety.

I went looking for a reference page to point people at about this
situation, and not finding one I create this one:

https://wiki.centos.org/ApacheTestPage/OnUnaffiliatedDomains

Figuring that the problem is that people are not reading the whole page
before or otherwise are stuck and contact us anyway ...

* What can be done to improve the page I wrote?
* How can it be more clear?
* Is there a better page I can point at?

Thanks for your input,

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade | Community Architect | @quaid