[CentOS-gsocadmin] GSoC 2009 Mentor requirements

Tue Mar 3 16:16:17 UTC 2009
Ned Slider <ned at unixmail.co.uk>

Hi all,

I've put up an initial draft of Mentor requirements for GSoC 2009 here:

http://wiki.centos.org/GSOC/MentorCriteria

Ralph - please could you set the ACL on this page as appropriate - I
don't know if we want it publicly available just yet?

All - please feel free to chip in with suggestions/comments/changes.

My reasoning was to draft a list of things a Mentor would be required to
do and then draft a list of skills required to do those things
effectively. I would hope that we could use this list in our selection
process of suitable Mentors (and to provide evidence to Google of our
selection criteria) together with allowing prospective Mentors to get a
good idea of what's required when considering if they would make a good
Mentor.

Additionally, at the end of the page I've included the GSoC 2008 Mentor
Organization Participant Agreement (cut and paste) for reference. The
GSoC Admins may want to take a close look at that (if they haven't done
so already) to make sure there's nothing in there that CentOS can't
fundamentally agree to (and there is some taxation stuff in there I
don't understand).

So, is this the type of thing others had in mind or am I way off the mark?

Cheers,

Ned