[CentOS-gsocadmin] GSOC mentoring organization thoughts

Sun Mar 1 19:12:32 UTC 2009
Bill Scheel <linuxrockz at gmail.com>

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Bill Scheel wrote:
>>> But we have a few days for this right ? This list of projects is not
>>> something that needs to be finalised by the 13th March ? or does it ?
>> Yes, it has to be done by March 13.
>
> Ah I see, but is its ok to ask the general userbase for ideas as well
> or do we need to come up with all the ideas from within @centos.org ?

I'm idling in #CentOS-GSOC

Ideas can come from anywhere. Right now time is also our enemy. We
really should have started working this last year. :(

We also need a list of mentors. This will most likely will affect what
project(s) we can support.
Mentors will be PJM's for the student/project.

If you fully understand amount of work we need to accomplish to get this
off and running, we need to determine when we announce to the public we
are looking for mentors and students.
Of course, the sooner we announce the better.
I can not stress this enough, this is a "team" effort.
I will manage this effort but I can not do everything.
Currently I really could use someone to help me get some content on our
wiki. Where we are going to link to it on the wiki, formatting, and
clean and informative content.