[CentOS-gsocadmin] Proposal short-list and slots for organizations

Mon Apr 13 02:26:22 UTC 2015
Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay <sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com>

Hi,

<https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2015> states
that by 13Apr "Mentoring organizations should have requested slots via
their profile in Melange by this point. "

This would mean that a long list of possible proposals and a short
list of "we must have these students for our organization" proposals
need to exist.

Looking over the submissions, it would seem that a possible long list
would include (in no particular order):

+  A Single installer ISO that delivers a functional Xen4 stack on CentOS 6

Gautam has participated in a couple of discussions and responded to
mentor's (George) queries

+ Implement and create new documentation toolchain

Both Lei Yang and Kunal have provided well thought out proposals and
have responded to mentor feedback

+ Develop a kpatch delivery mechanism

Vladislav and Louis have been involved in conversations and responded
to questions from mentor

+ RootFS Build Factory for CentOS

Mandar has worked on the proposal and seems to have put in effort to
create a good scope

+ On Premise Vagrant Boxes Hosting System

I would defer to the mentor about whether this proposal is well scoped and ready

+ Cloud in a box

There is a proposal from Asad which has been reviewed by Rich as well scoped.

Comments, feedback would be appreciated. Karsten, do you have an
estimate of the number of slots to request?

/sankarshan

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://about.me/sankarshan.mukhopadhyay>