[CentOS-gsocadmin] Checking-in with the mentors!

Wed May 6 19:37:00 UTC 2015
Haïkel Guémar <hguemar at redhat.com>

On 06/05/15 16:11, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:
> On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 7:36 PM, Rich Bowen <rbowen at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Well, since this is my first time doing this, I simply have no idea what I'm
>> supposed to do, and could use considerable hand-holding here. I suspect that
>> I'm not the only one in this boat, so I'll take the fall for everyone.
>
> I attempted to provide a personal experience in my response to Corey.
> And while it doesn't provide the "official" guidance
> (<https://flossmanuals.net/gsocmentoring/> is that), I wanted to
> reassure mentors that this is not "a new thing". For a moment,
> consider this as bringing on-board a new contributor.

+1 the most important when mentoring students is to have regular 1:1
(unless they're already seasoned contributors) to ensure that they're
progressing and make sure they are well-behaved community contributors.

H.