[CentOS-mirror] Minor permission problem in /3.8/isos/ia64/.~tmp~

Olivier Thauvin nanardon at nanardon.zarb.org
Tue Dec 26 14:18:36 UTC 2006

Le mardi 26 décembre 2006 15:08, Thom van der Boon a écrit :
> hi,
>
> There is a directory with a permission problem on the mirror sites.
> Whenever I rsync my own mirror, I get the following error:
>
> receiving file list ... rsync: opendir "/3.8/isos/ia64/.~tmp~" (in CentOS)
> failed: Permission denied (13) done

For information, in case some people are not aware, you can found this in
rsync man page:

       --delay-updates
              This option puts the temporary file from each updated file  into
              a holding directory until the end of the transfer, at which time
              all the files are renamed into place in rapid succession.   This
              attempts to make the updating of the files a little more atomic.
              By default the files are placed into a directory named  ".~tmp~"
              in  each  file's  destination directory, but if you've specified
              the --partial-dir option, that directory will be  used  instead.
              See  the  comments in the --partial-dir section for a discussion
              of how this ".~tmp~" dir will be excluded from the transfer, and
              what  you  can do if you wnat rsync to cleanup old ".~tmp~" dirs
              that might  be  lying  around.   Conflicts  with  --inplace  and
              --append.