[CentOS-mirror] Building mirror- how much space?

William Dunn wdunn at cs.vt.edu
Tue Oct 10 20:14:46 UTC 2006

raven CentOS # du -hs
84G     .

that's current, in my CentOS directory.  However, keep in mind that
figure is fluid, and with subsequent releases, you'll end up at times
having more than that (while things are shuffled off to the vault).

That's also without distributing DVD-iso's.

~Will

Ryan Flowers wrote:
> I am building a full mirror using rsync as shown on the centos.org
> website. How much hard drive space should this consume? I need to know
> how much hard drive space to allocate for it. Thank you!
>
> Ryan Flowers
> Systems Administrator

William Dunn
Unix / Linux Administrator
Virginia Tech Computer Science Department
wdunn at cs.vt.edu / 540-231-3167