[CentOS-mirror] New Mirror: Harvey Mudd College (Department of Mathematics)

Francois Petillon ftpmaint at proxad.net
Tue Sep 19 08:51:30 UTC 2006

Grigorios G. Papazoglou wrote:
> I was wondering how long it takes for a mirror to be included in the
> list...It's been nearly 5 days now since I mentioned the launch of ours.

Three weeks in my case... :-)

> Perhaps the CentOS people who read this list should realize that it is
> rather inpolite to behave like this to people who actually 'honor' them
> by spending a considerable amount of their (valuable) time (not to
> mention server and bandwidth resources) to mirror the project.

I disagree. Most people working on Centos are probably doing it on their
spare time. I know it is quite frustrating not to get answers but I
think it is also frustrating for people taking care of mirrors list to
be blame while they do not have the time (or even the will, after being
blamed a few extra-times) to quickly take care of requests.

François