[CentOS-mirror] RayStedman.org Bandwidth

Paul Mezzanini paul at themezz.com
Sat Apr 26 01:14:54 UTC 2008

Personally I'm using the tc route to cap all off campus transfers to 150Mb/s

-------script I use-------
#!/bin/bash

tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: htb default 10

tc class add dev eth0 parent 1: classid 1:90 htb rate 150000Kbit

tc qdisc add dev eth0 parent 1:90 handle 90: sfq perturb 10

#First mark EVERYONE
iptables -t mangle -A OUTPUT -j MARK --set-mark 9

#now unmark who we "love"
iptables -t mangle -A OUTPUT -d 129.21.0.0/16 -j MARK --set-mark 0

tc filter add dev eth0 protocol ip parent 1:0 handle 9 fw flowid 1:90

I used to have a "! 129.21/16" rule but it was too hard to add
exceptions to.  That is why I now mark everyone and then uncap others.
 There was a really great howto I think on the gentoo wiki.

-paul