[CentOS-mirror] Changes to Univ. of Oregon Neuroinformatics Center mirror

Brandon Davidson brandond at uoregon.edu
Tue Jul 1 19:50:32 UTC 2008

Hi Tru,

Tru Huynh wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 03:26:03AM -0700, Brandon Davidson wrote:
>> RSYNC URL: rsync://mirror.nic.uoregon.edu::centos/
> [tru at fernbach-28 html]$ rsync rsync://mirror.nic.uoregon.edu::CentOS/
> CentOS          CentOS mirror
> [tru at fernbach-28 html]$
>
> It doesn't seem to list anything ?

Sure it does - it gives you a module list, with only the CentOS module
there at the end, on the very last line :)

I guess rsync URLs in the format rsync://host::module/ aren't actually
supported, even though you see lots of people publishing them like that.
  Even on the centos mirror list page, there are a good number who do -
maybe they shouldn't? I followed their example, although obviously
without enough testing :) It seems counterintuitive, because it works
just fine if you strip the rsync:// off the front. This means that the
following two commands are equivalent, and will get you a directory listing:

rsync mirror.nic.uoregon.edu::centos/
rsync rsync://mirror.nic.uoregon.edu/centos/

Maybe I'm missing something? Either way, the content should be there...

-Brandon