[CentOS-mirror] mirrorlist geoIP

Maxence Rousseau mrousseau at ate.info
Fri Feb 20 09:55:16 UTC 2009

Hello,

I've setup a mirror of centos ten days ago (mirror.ate.info) and I'm
quite surprise that the mirror list URL :
http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=5&arch=x86_64&repo=os

give me :

http://ftp.ciril.fr/pub/linux/centos/5.2/os/x86_64/
http://centos.got-root.me.uk/5.2/os/x86_64/
ftp://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/ftp.centos.org/5.2/os/x86_64/
ftp://ftp.pasteur.fr/pub/computing/linux/centos/5.2/os/x86_64/
http://distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr/pub/linux/centos/5.2/os/x86_64/
http://mirror.in2p3.fr/linux/CentOS/5.2/os/x86_64/
http://centos.crazyfrogs.org/5.2/os/x86_64/
http://mirrors.ircam.fr/pub/CentOS/5.2/os/x86_64/
http://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/centos/5.2/os/x86_64/
http://mirror.atrpms.net/centos/5.2/os/x86_64/

and never give me my mirror wich is obviously the nearest mirror :-)
(maybe a start of solution : the mirror is on a different class C IP
public addresse than all my CentOS servers)

Can you give me more information about the relation between
http://mirror-status.centos.org/ [where my mirror is listed & ok] and
http://mirrorlist.centos.org ?

Thanks,

--