[CentOS-mirror] mirrorlist geoIP

Tru Huynh tru at centos.org
Fri Feb 20 10:11:23 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 10:55:16AM +0100, Maxence Rousseau wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've setup a mirror of centos ten days ago (mirror.ate.info) and I'm
> quite surprise that the mirror list URL :
> http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=5&arch=x86_64&repo=os
>
> give me :
>
> http://ftp.ciril.fr/pub/linux/centos/5.2/os/x86_64/
> http://centos.got-root.me.uk/5.2/os/x86_64/
> ftp://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/ftp.centos.org/5.2/os/x86_64/
> ftp://ftp.pasteur.fr/pub/computing/linux/centos/5.2/os/x86_64/
> http://distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr/pub/linux/centos/5.2/os/x86_64/
> http://mirror.in2p3.fr/linux/CentOS/5.2/os/x86_64/
> http://centos.crazyfrogs.org/5.2/os/x86_64/
> http://mirrors.ircam.fr/pub/CentOS/5.2/os/x86_64/
(all current public mirror in .fr randomly listed)
> http://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/centos/5.2/os/x86_64/
> http://mirror.atrpms.net/centos/5.2/os/x86_64/
(completed to 10 mirrors in the nearby countries, if not enough
this list is completed with centos.org servers).

> and never give me my mirror wich is obviously the nearest mirror :-)
> (maybe a start of solution : the mirror is on a different class C IP
> public addresse than all my CentOS servers)

http://mirror-status.centos.org/#fr is listing
mirror.ate.info  @  	http  	22 hours renewed ok

-> 22h late at the previous check (mirmon makes a full status
update of all the mirrors every 4 hours). So it was not listed
as "current" and though not listed in the mirrorlist creation.

Cheers,

Tru