[CentOS-mirror] mirrorlist geoIP

Maxence Rousseau mrousseau at ate.info
Fri Feb 20 11:04:05 UTC 2009

> > and never give me my mirror wich is obviously the nearest mirror :-)
> > (maybe a start of solution : the mirror is on a different class C IP
> > public addresse than all my CentOS servers)
>
> http://mirror-status.centos.org/#fr is listing
> mirror.ate.info  @  	http  	22 hours renewed ok
>
> -> 22h late at the previous check (mirmon makes a full status
> update of all the mirrors every 4 hours). So it was not listed
> as "current" and though not listed in the mirrorlist creation.

Thanks for your reponses, but I think that the mirror has never been
listed on mirrorlist.
I thinks that 22h late are du to no response of main european mirror.
(eu-msync.centos.org) :
rsync: failed to connect to eu-msync.centos.org: Connection timed out
(110)
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(107)
[receiver=2.6.8]

I don't have any response from :
193.109.191.9 : carmen.centos.org

That's why my mirror is sometimes getting out of sync.

--
Maxence Rousseau
mrousseau at ate.info
Avenir Télématique