[CentOS-mirror] Average mirror traffic

Mon Sep 28 15:06:02 UTC 2009
Paul Stewart <pstewart at nexicomgroup.net>

Our traffic might be much higher than a typical mirror due our peering
in many cities ... you might want feedback from other mirrors besides us
;)

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-mirror-bounces at centos.org
[mailto:centos-mirror-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf Of Marten Lehmann
Sent: September-28-09 10:39 AM
To: Mailing list for CentOS mirrors.
Subject: Re: [CentOS-mirror] Average mirror traffic

Hello,

> We are doing about 35Mb/s of traffic on our CentOS box here...

that's definetely too much for us. We are really interested to be a
CentOS mirror, but we cannot efford more than 10MBit average bandwidth
for CentOS per month.

Is it possible to define in which ratio a mirror shall be listed for
updates and downloads?

And is it possible to delist a mirror until the end of a month if the
traffic has been too much for this certain month (e.g. due to a
openoffice update)?

Regards
Marten