[CentOS-mirror] Very Slow Mirror

Graham Frank gfrank at neoservers.com
Tue Aug 24 17:30:18 EDT 2010

Nick --
Oh most definitely.  One thought I had previously was an opt-in where
users who update with yum can opt to have transfer rates sent back to
centos.org.  But that's treading into deep waters...

When I say "test the server" I mean in a distributed sense.  I.e.
multiple servers are checking from many geographically diverse
regions.  Any one faulty checking server can easily be identified in a
sea of working ones.  That idea pushes up the bandwidth usage for
checking, however.  But even if checking uses a gigabyte of bandwidth
per month, that's nothing compared to the overall bandwidth they will
see in the same time period.  Some acceptable ground should be there