[CentOS-mirror] Very Slow Mirror

Nick Olsen Nick at 141networks.com
Tue Aug 24 18:17:40 EDT 2010

  Now that sounds like a plan. Since were treading here. I would also
propose this service be run on the msync machines, As I figure they are
already geographically diverse.

I would also go further to say that in this process of checking, You get
results back, 5 machines say bad, 2 say 30Mb/s+ then it would be marked
as good for its region. If the mirror could push out a good amount of
bandwidth to even one of the testing machines, it is doing fine. And the
others could be lined up as bad peering/connection to the server. You
know, Atleast have a bit of intelligence in the method.
And Yes, if the "monitoring" load was as low as 1gb a month, most
mirrors wouldn't even notice.