[CentOS-mirror] Thoughts on DVD images

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed May 19 18:30:00 UTC 2010

On 05/19/2010 06:08 PM, Jonathan Thurman wrote:
> I don't think that the msync pool should be wide open for anyone to access.  Those that are hosting public mirrors of content should have a pool that they can sync to that is restricted, or at least have priority over unknown users.  Otherwise it could be more difficult for the public mirror system to stay up to date.

Yeah, thats the main thing - being able to get the rsync tree's out to
the public mirrors asap, while still having enough resources within
.centos.org.

So here is a question for you - as a mirror admin, would you host an
rsync target that msync.c.o could push into ? It could be ither based on
a user/pass acl or a key. And we would give you a list of ip's that will
push to your machine.

- KB