[CentOS-mirror] Updation of Mirror - added releases - Please update

John R. Dennison

jrd at gerdesas.com
Sun Nov 7 08:51:39 UTC 2010

On Sun, Nov 07, 2010 at 02:15:52PM +0600, Bangladeshi CentOS Mirror Maintainer [BD-SERVERS.NET] wrote:

> Don't take it personally, I am not telling you to call me with Mr. or
> any other title, the word 'Bhai' (brother) is enough.
>
> I never heard someone from my country calling me directly with my name
> unless he / she is well known to me or have good understanding with
> each other.
>
> I think you don't know nothing about me. It might look list I am
> acting like a child / school boy but the issue is really serious, when
> you enter your office and a lowest level worker greeting you by 'hi
> hassan good morning' (in our country prospect) how do you feel?

	This is not your country; this is a public mailing list that is
	read by thousands of people around the world.  While I
	understand that your request is very much a cultural issue for
	you, you must remember that this list is culturally diverse.

> Just one sentence, Give Respect to Others to Get Respect from Others.

	Please do the same; I think it safe to say that the readers of
	this list are not overly concerned with this subject and I think
	it's been beaten to death at this point.  Perhaps further
	discussion of this might be handled out of band via private
	email between the the parties involved?  Just my opinion, I am
	not trying to offend you.

	Also, can you please:

	1)  Stop top-posting to centos.org mailing lists.

	2)  Learn to trim your replies, removing the extraneous and
	    non-applicable text.  Example - I removed 229 non-applicable
	    lines from this reply.

	These guidelines are published at

	http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=16

	Abiding by these 2 rules makes reading your replies much more
	pleasant for the rest of us.  Thanks :)

							John
--
<DiscordianUK> deselect was written by someone who OD'ed on vi