[CentOS-mirror] new private mirror

Nyamul Hassan

nyamul at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 16:40:53 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 22:37, Jonathan Thurman
<JThurman at nwresd.k12.or.us>wrote:

> _______________________________________

 I can second Jonathan's view as well.  Our first mirroring requirement was
for CentOS, as that is what we use extensively throughout the organization.
 And, as our internal usage grew, our management gradually realized the
value, and at one point decided on going public with the mirror.  And, once
CentOS was mirrored, they also became more interested in hosting mirrors for
other projects as well.  Today, we mirror CentOS, Fedora, EPEL, Ubuntu,
Debian, GNU Project and PHP.  Surprisingly, it is our management that
sometimes ask us if a certain project is mirror-worthy.

I think, using some tool like MirrorManager, it would be trivial to maintain
private mirrors, and would help growing the CentOS mirroring community.

Regards
HASSAN