[CentOS-mirror] Ideas on steering yum to local mirrors

SpeedPartner GmbH mirror at speedpartner.de
Tue Sep 28 16:28:03 EDT 2010

Hi,

well, Fedora has been having the Mirror-Manager for quite some while now
where you can select which countries your mirror would want to serve and
also give your networks (lately: your AS-numbers) and would always be
ranked first in the mirror-lists.

I've tried to discuss that with CentOS-folks in the past, but they
seemed to prefer the current system which "just works" for them :-(

Sorry to hear that, while we're wasting bandwidth :-(

Kind regards,
 Stefan Neufeind