[CentOS-mirror] Obsolete DVD ISOs in CentOS mirrors

Kelvin Edmison kelvin at kindsight.net
Sun Apr 17 14:39:16 EDT 2011

I help maintain a private mirror for my company.  I recently found out that
our mirror is still carrying CentOS DVD ISOs for 5.3 and 5.4.  I deleted
them, and my next rsync (from mirrors.kernel.org) brought them back.

I sampled a few of the other tier-1 mirrors (constraints: providing DVDs and
RSYNC access, and first few on the mirror list) and found that:
* mirrors.kernel.org has 5.3 & 5.4 DVD isos.
* mirror.ncsa.illinois.edu has 5.3 and 5.4 DVD isos.
* mirror.steadfast.net has 5.3 and 5.4 DVD isos
* centos.mirror.netriplex.com has 5.3 and 5.4 DVD isos

Is there any reason to still keep these around?  Can they be deleted from
tehse mirrors (or the master mirrors) or should I modify my rsync scripts
locally?

Thanks,
  Kelvin