[CentOS-mirror] New Mirror: mirror.ancl.hawaii.edu

Ralph Angenendt

ralph.angenendt at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 21:46:48 UTC 2011

Am 28.07.11 23:21, schrieb Warren Togami Jr.:
> Currently the vast majority of our mirror traffic appear to be random
> CentOS clients from around the world.  Meanwhile, CentOS clients located
> in nearby peered networks are randomly hitting worldwide mirrors.  This
> means we are benefited almost not at all by running a CentOS mirror.

South American people are sent your way (when you are in mirrorlists),
as we don't have enough mirrors in .cl, .br, .ar and .cr - these are the
lists you're in besides .us

> Are you able at least to list our mirror at the top for clients asking
> for a mirrorlist from two particular ASN's?

Not with our current setup, no.

> Could you also display our mirror less often for worldwide clients?  50%
> as often would be ideal.

You're only getting listed for the two american continents, and that
happens on a random basis for everyone.

Regards,

Ralph