[CentOS-mirror] Running a CentOS mirror on Windows Server 2003

J.H. warthog9 at kernel.org
Wed Jun 22 01:06:02 EDT 2011

I'll second the statement of using rsync, it is far far better.  Also
you may have some problems with owner/group file permissions which are
used to deal with the bit-flip.  I'm not sure how well rsync can handle
that situation going from the *nix world to the windows world.

I'll admit I'm not sure this has really been tried, and I think you are
likely going to just run into odd and weird problems where your copy of
the repo is just oddly different than everyone elses.  That said I am
curious to see how well this works out.

- John 'Warthog9' Hawley