[CentOS-mirror] New CentOS mirror in Hamburg, Germany

John R. Dennison jrd at gerdesas.com
Tue Mar 5 07:37:36 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 08:48:38AM +0200, Anthony Somerset wrote:
> Ralph - whats the chances of forcing everyone to reconfirm there email
> address to clear out the junk subscriptions from either spam sign ups
> or people not smart enough to do it themselves
>
> i'd rather have to reconfirm my email once more than constantly see an
> email folder full of, please remove me, followed by, go to the
> unsubscribe page...

Indeed.  I was going to suggest something similar to this on IRC later
today when Ralph and the rest of the folks were around.  In fact, my
suggestion was to going to be to wipe the entire subscriber list and
let interested parties re-sub as they wished.

There is _something_ going on here that is whacked out; this is the only
mailman list I've seen this type of thing occur in the numbers we're
seeing here.

							John
--
UNIX Russian Roulette: sudo [ $[ $RANDOM % 6 ] == 0 ] && rm -rf / || echo "You live"

-- Fabian Arrotin