[CentOS-mirror] Request to add mirrors.mit.edu to official centos mirrors

Wed Jul 9 01:14:16 UTC 2014
Alex Chernyakhovsky <achernya at MIT.EDU>

Hi CentOS Mirrors,

mirrors.mit.edu has mirrored CentOS for a long time, but it appears
we've never been registered as an official mirror. We have a sync of
CentOS6 and earlier up until the Jun 17 announcement. We have a cron
job in place already, and would like to request access to the us-msync
server.

Our server hosts CentOS at mirrors.mit.edu/centos, available over both
HTTP and FTP. The synchronization uses rsync. The server resides at
MIT, in Cambridge, MA and has a dedicated 1gbps uplink. The
mirrors.mit.edu maintainers can be reached via email at
mirrors at mit.edu.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
-Alex