[CentOS-mirror] Request to add mirrors.mit.edu to official centos mirrors

Wed Jul 9 11:21:03 UTC 2014
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>

On 09/07/14 03:14, Alex Chernyakhovsky wrote:
> Hi CentOS Mirrors,
>
> mirrors.mit.edu has mirrored CentOS for a long time, but it appears
> we've never been registered as an official mirror. We have a sync of
> CentOS6 and earlier up until the Jun 17 announcement. We have a cron
> job in place already, and would like to request access to the us-msync
> server.
>
> Our server hosts CentOS at mirrors.mit.edu/centos, available over both
> HTTP and FTP. The synchronization uses rsync. The server resides at
> MIT, in Cambridge, MA and has a dedicated 1gbps uplink. The
> mirrors.mit.edu maintainers can be reached via email at
> mirrors at mit.edu.
>
> We look forward to hearing from you.
>
> Sincerely,
> -Alex

Thanks :  it has been added to the mirrors DB and will normally be
listed as a public mirror (and on mirror-status.centos.org /
http://centos.org/download/mirrors/ ) in the following minutes/hours.
As you haven't provided the IP to be whitelisted/allowed, I guess that
18.7.29.125 is enough and the correct one.
What's the primary contact email address we can use ? is yours the
correct one ?

Cheers,
--
Fabian Arrotin