[CentOS-mirror] Help - Secure Hosting Ltd Mirror Listing

Fabian Arrotin

fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Wed May 14 05:57:09 UTC 2014

On 13/05/14 00:34, Jonathan Turnquest wrote:
> Ryan,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> We can dedicate more bandwidth, can you let us know what would be the
> ideal bandwidth speed?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jonathan T.
> +1-242-502-8700
> Secure Hosting Ltd
>
> On May 12, 2014, at 6:28 PM, Ryan Becker <Ryan at techbnc.org
> <mailto:Ryan at techbnc.org>> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> Is there any way you can provide a faster bandwith to this mirror? You
>> may want to consider joining the torrent swarm instead, if no faster
>> bandwith is available.
>>

>> On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 5:44 PM, Jonathan Turnquest
>> <jturnquest at securehost.com <mailto:jturnquest at securehost.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     Greetings All,
>>
>>     We would like to be added you your CentOS mirrors list, please
>>     find all relevant information below.
>>
>>     Sponsor Name: Secure Hosting Ltd
>>     Sponsor Link: www.securehost.com <http://www.securehost.com/>
>>     HTTP Location: http://mirrors.securehost.com/centos/
>>     City: Nassau
>>     State: New Providence
>>     Country: Bahamas
>>     Bandwidth: 10mbps
>>
>>     If there is any additional information required please feel free
>>     to let us know.
>>
>>     Best regards,
>>
>>     Jonathan T.

Hi Jonathan,

Before adding your machine to the mirrors list, I'd like to be sure that
you have more than a 10Mbps line. You said that you could allocate more
bandwidth (in your previous mails) but I haven't seen a mention that it
has been done.
I don't know the current average internet connection in the Bahamas, but
usually 100Mbps is what's asked for mirror (see
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreatePublicMirrors).
Let me prepare the "insert into .." sql statement for your mirror and
I'll press the key once you've confirmed your mirror can serve all
incoming requests :-)

Cheers,
--
Fabian Arrotin