[CentOS-mirror] Help - Secure Hosting Ltd Mirror Listing

Fabian Arrotin

fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Thu May 15 11:56:19 UTC 2014

On 14/05/14 07:57, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> On 13/05/14 00:34, Jonathan Turnquest wrote:
>> Ryan,
>>
>> Thank you for your reply.
>>
>> We can dedicate more bandwidth, can you let us know what would be the
>> ideal bandwidth speed?
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Jonathan T.
>> +1-242-502-8700
>> Secure Hosting Ltd
>>
>> On May 12, 2014, at 6:28 PM, Ryan Becker <Ryan at techbnc.org
>> <mailto:Ryan at techbnc.org>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> Is there any way you can provide a faster bandwith to this mirror? You
>>> may want to consider joining the torrent swarm instead, if no faster
>>> bandwith is available.
>>>

>>> On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 5:44 PM, Jonathan Turnquest
>>> <jturnquest at securehost.com <mailto:jturnquest at securehost.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     Greetings All,
>>>
>>>     We would like to be added you your CentOS mirrors list, please
>>>     find all relevant information below.
>>>
>>>     Sponsor Name: Secure Hosting Ltd
>>>     Sponsor Link: www.securehost.com <http://www.securehost.com/>
>>>     HTTP Location: http://mirrors.securehost.com/centos/
>>>     City: Nassau
>>>     State: New Providence
>>>     Country: Bahamas
>>>     Bandwidth: 10mbps
>>>
>>>     If there is any additional information required please feel free
>>>     to let us know.
>>>
>>>     Best regards,
>>>
>>>     Jonathan T.
>
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> Before adding your machine to the mirrors list, I'd like to be sure that
> you have more than a 10Mbps line. You said that you could allocate more
> bandwidth (in your previous mails) but I haven't seen a mention that it
> has been done.
> I don't know the current average internet connection in the Bahamas, but
> usually 100Mbps is what's asked for mirror (see
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreatePublicMirrors).
> Let me prepare the "insert into .." sql statement for your mirror and
> I'll press the key once you've confirmed your mirror can serve all
> incoming requests :-)
>
> Cheers,

I haven't heard anything from you, but I tested from outside, and
bandwidth was ok (~100mbps for my test) so I just added you mirror in
the DB. It will
normally be listed as a public mirror (and on mirror-status.centos.org /
http://centos.org/download/mirrors/ ) in the following hours.

Cheers,

--
Fabian Arrotin