[CentOS-mirror] Public mirror in Uzbekistan

Garri Djavadyan

garryd at comnet.uz
Thu Apr 2 09:05:18 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-04-02 at 07:53 +0200, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> On 01/04/15 18:26, Garri Djavadyan wrote:

> >> Thanks :  it has been added to the mirrors DB and will normally
> >> be listed as a public mirror (and on
> >> http://mirror-status.centos.org /
> >> http://centos.org/download/mirrors/ ) in the following
> >> minutes/hours. Your IP has been whitelisted (check that it's
> >> working in the following hour)
> >>
> >> Kind Regards,

> > Hello,
> >
> > Thank you, Fabian!
> >
> > I've already noticed the mirror listed on
> > http://mirror-status.centos.org and
> > http://centos.org/download/mirrors/.
> >
> > But I still can't access RSYNC service. I get 'unknown module'
> > error:
> >
> > @ERROR: Unknown module 'CentOS' rsync error: error starting
> > client-server protocol (code 5) at main.c(1503) [receiver=3.0.6]
> >
> > I tried three sources: msync.centos.org::CentOS
> > eu-msync.centos.org::CentOS us-msync.centos.org::CentOS
> >
> > Thank you in advance!
> >

> Hi Garri,
>
> I added your IP and committed that change in git, but hasn't been
> caught by my wrapper script for push/pull on the puppet side. Now done
> so will be ok in the next 30 minutes ..
>
> Sorry for that, but we've been quite busy in the last days with the 7
> 1503 release and it seems I need now to sleep to recover, or have more
> coffee :-)
>
> Cheers,

Hi Fabian,

Thank you very much! RSYNC works now!

There is an unresolved question at the moment. mirrorlist.centos.org
still don't return local server in the listing. For example:

# curl -4 "http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=i386&repo=os"
http://mirror.neolabs.kz/centos/6.6/os/i386/
http://mirror.awanti.com/centos/6.6/os/i386/
http://mirror.astpage.ru/centos/6.6/os/i386/
http://mirror.yandex.ru/centos/6.6/os/i386/
http://centos-mirror.rbc.ru/pub/centos/6.6/os/i386/
http://mirror.tversu.ru/centos/6.6/os/i386/
http://mirror.satellite-service.ru/centos/6.6/os/i386/
http://mirror.corbina.net/pub/Linux/centos/6.6/os/i386/
http://mirror.h1host.ru/centos/6.6/os/i386/
http://mirror.vilkam.ru/centos/6.6/os/i386/

Can you check the GeoIP backend? Thank you in advance!

Kind Regards

--
Garri Djavadyan
iPlus LLC, TM Comnet, Technical Department