[CentOS-mirror] rsync problem for make public mirror

Tue Jun 14 10:33:52 UTC 2016
Anssi Johansson <centos at miuku.net>

14.6.2016, 13.23, publicmirror at faraso.org kirjoitti:
>     hi guys we want make a public mirror for centos i our country (i
>     user this guid https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreatePublicMirrors
>     <https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreatePublicMirrors>) but have a lot
>     of problem with sync
>     when i run
>
>      rsync -aqzH --delete msync.centos.org::CentOS
>     /home/centosmirror/centos/
>
>     receive bellow message and can't sync data
>
>     @ERROR: Unknown module 'CentOS'
>     rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at
>     main.c(1503) [receiver=3.0.6]

The page you quoted has this piece of information:

NOTE: To provide fastest access to public mirrors, we have now
restricted access (at the IP level) for known public mirrors (see
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-mirror-announce/2014-June/000015.html).
So for your first synchronization, you should use one of the external
mirrors providing rsync access. You can find that list here:
http://centos.org/download/mirrors/

Once you have made the initial sync, you should follow the instructions
on the wiki page and email the list with your mirror details, including
its IP address so that it can be added to the ACL. You will be able to
sync directly from msync.centos.org after your mirror has been added to
the list of mirrors.